Everglow Community Care would like to reassure the community that the Association is undertaking proactive measures to ensure the wellbeing of its clients and staff.
At this stage, COVID-19 has not impacted our productivity or ability to work with our clients.
The below measures we have taken are pre-cautionary only and will be in effect immediately until May 1 2020, at which time they will be reviewed again.
- Suspend all social support group/centre-based respite activities until further notice.
- Suspend all non-urgent home visits conducted by the case managers/allied health team.
- When a client presents/reports with flu-like symptoms, Everglow Community Care will provide essential services only – personal care, medication and meal preparation.
- A client confirmed with COVID-19 will have services suspended until health authorities provide clearance.
- If Personal Care Workers arrive at a client’s home and the client is presenting with flu-like symptoms- services will not be undertaken.
- Case Managers are currently contacting clients for a wellness check.
- Home Maintenance Services will continue unless our staff become impacted; however, there will be a relaxation on clients needing to sign off for service to reduce contact.
- All staff have been provided with a comprehensive update on COVID-19 supplied by the Australian Government Department of Health.
- All inter-office travel by staff is suspended until further notice. This is to minimise the impact across our locations and ensure business continuity.
Our staff are continuing to work as normal during business hours (8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday).
For now, we are carrying on with normal business operations; however, we have tested our remote work systems to ensure everyone has the resources and tools they need to do their jobs from any location.
We will continue to support our customers and normal business operations from our office, with ongoing monitoring of advice from Government and health officials.
Everglow Community Care CEOthe