EVERGLOW COVID-19 RESPONSE- A NOTE FROM OUR CEO
EVERGLOW COVID-19 RESPONSE- A NOTE FROM OUR CEO
We would like to reassure all clients, families and next-of-kin that Everglow’s services continue to be delivered, with prudent measures implemented to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, volunteers, and clients from COVID-19.
Everglow has been undertaking significant preparedness and scenario planning activities to ensure we are as prepared as possible for any widespread community transmission of COVID-19 or transmission of the virus to any of our employees, volunteers, and clients.
Key clinical Everglow staff are in regular contact with Queensland Health and other public health officials to ensure our response preparedness and response strategies are aligned to Federal and State Government agency planning.
STEPS EVERGLOW IS TAKING RIGHT NOW
Everglow has taken the following actions to minimise the potential current and future risk of COVID-19 spread:
- Mandating social distancing with all employees and volunteers to reduce the risk of contamination by someone with the virus;
- Reinforcing good hand hygiene with all employees and volunteers;
- Restricting international and interstate business travel for our employees;
- Limiting employee travel within Queensland to essential clinical and care services only;
- Reducing large gatherings and meetings across our entire organisation to only those that are clinically necessary;
- Suspended all social support group/centre-based respite activities until further notice;
- Suspended all non-urgent home visits conducted by the case managers/allied health team.;
- Home Maintenance to continue client services without requesting client signatures until further notice;
- When a client presents/reports with flu-like symptoms, Everglow will provide essential services only – Personal Care, Medication and Meal Preparation;
- A client confirmed with COVID-19 Everglow will be provided essential services only – Personal Care, Medication and Meal Preparation; and
- Case managers have increased contacting clients for wellness checks.
If you are unsure about anything, please talk with your carer and continue referring to www.health.qld.gov.au for updates and other information on COVID-19.
If you have any questions about the precautionary measures Everglow is taking in relation to COVID-19, please do not hesitate to call your local branch office as normal.
OUR STAFF ARE CONTINUING TO WORK AS NORMAL DURING BUSINESS HOURS (8:30AM – 4:30PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY).
For now we are carrying on with normal business operations, however we have tested our remote work systems to ensure everyone has the resources and tools they need to do their jobs from any location. We will continue to support our clients and normal business operations from our office while continuing to monitor advice from Government and health officials.
INFORMATION FOR EVERGLOW CLIENTS AND FAMILIES
We know you will be worried about COVID-19, however please rest assured Everglow is taking all necessary steps as advised by Federal and State health agencies to protect your health and wellbeing.
Your connectedness to family, friends and community at this time is vital. If you are feeling lonely or concerned, please talk with your Case Manager or Personal Carer or call Everglow on 4725 1822.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU.
Ayr – 4728 2540
Ingham – 4776 2296
Townsville – 4725 1822
You can contact Everglow between the hours of 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
You can email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMUNICATION WITH EVERGLOW
We ask that all clients check their personal information is up-to-date by contacting your Case Manager. Please ensure your email address and communication preferences are set to email to ensure you continue to receive timely updates.
You can keep up to date with us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
OUR OFFICES ARE CLOSED TO VISITORS
To reduce the risk of transmission to staff and to any visitors, our offices are now closed to any third parties. Everglow is now only contactable by phone or via our email address stated above.
YOUR MENTAL HEALTH
Everglow offers a program to support your wellbeing during this time.
It is common to experience feelings of anxiety and depression as a response to extraordinary situations. Seeking support early can help you get on top of the emotions and back on your feet. By calling your Case Manager, you can gain emotional support and begin to work through plans of how to recover and rebuild during and after stressful events.
If you are feeling distressed, needing support or suffering health symptoms as a result of this situation, you can talk to a Social Worker or Nursing team easily by phone and get some support to get back on track.
Everglow would like to reassure you that we are here for you during this time and thanks you in advance for your patience. We will continue to provide you with relevant updates relating to our service as they arise.
Stay safe and stay well.
Chief Executive Officer
Everglow Community Care Links Inc.