A funded programme that provides entry-level home support
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) is a Commonwealth Government Funded Programme that provides entry-level home support for older people who need assistance to keep living independently at home and in their community.
The CHSP is an entry-level program, open to seniors over 65 years of age, or over 50 years for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders, who need:
- Low level support, such as showering or housework a few times a week or fortnightly, on a short term or ongoing basis; and
- High level support for a short time, such as nursing care while recovering from surgery or because your regular carer is sick.
If your needs are more complex or you need ongoing care, you might be eligible for a Home Care Package.
Everglow delivers CHSP services in Townsville, Charters Towers and the Ingham and Ayr areas.
To be assessed to access CHSP services please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit www.myagedcare.gov.au
Everglow provides the following services under our CHSP funded programme:
- Domestic assistance – such as cleaning, washing and ironing, shopping.
- Social support – one-on-one visiting etc or small group activities such as music therapy, bingo, craft and special functions.
- Personal services –
- Personal assistance including individual attention, supervision and physical assistance with bathing, showering, personal hygiene, toileting and grooming, mobility and transfers; and
- Assistance with activities of daily living and communication including language facilitation, assistance with difficulties arising from impaired sight, speech or hearing, assistance with the fitting of sensory aids, checking hearing aid batteries, cleaning spectacles, assistance using the telephone.
- Meals and nutrition – assistance with special diet for health, religious, cultural reasons, assistance with using eating utensils and eating aids.
- Transport – accessing transport with: an Everglow personal carer, through the Regional Transport (Patient Transport Subsidy Scheme ) (PTSS), Taxi’s (subsidised) and the North Queensland Community Transport TOTTS in Townsville only.
- Home maintenance – mowing and removal of grass clippings, whipper snipping /edging, path clearance for safety purpose, trimming of shrubs and referrals to Home Assist/Minor Modification or repair programmes.
- Allied Health – Counselling from Social Workers, Music Therapy (tailored individual sessions at home or in the community to improve memory or neurological conditions such as Dementia, Parkinson’s and Alzheimers disease), Occupational Therapy, Podiatry, Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology. Yes, we can broker these services.