Stay at home funding for a range of services to help with day-to-day activities
The HCP is a Commonwealth Funded Programme that provides older people who want to stay at home with access to a range of ongoing personal services, support services and clinical care that help them with their day-to-day activities.
The Programme sits in between the Commonwealth Home Support Programme and Residential Aged Care.
Home Care Packages are open to seniors over 65 years of age, or over 50 years for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders, who need:
- Ongoing services;
- Multiple services, or one service at a high frequency; and
- High level support, such as complex nursing care.
If your needs are basic, such as requiring showering or cleaning a few days a week or fortnightly, you might be eligible for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages:
- Home Care Level 1 – to support people with basic care needs
- Home Care Level 2 – to support people with low level care needs
- Home Care Level 3 – to support people with intermediate care needs
- Home Care Level 4 – to support people with high care needs
Everglow delivers ALL LEVELS of packages in Townsville, Ingham and Ayr.
All Home Care Packages are delivered on a consumer directed care (CDC) basis, which means that each client is able to choose which services they wish to receive each month within the budget allocated by the Government. A monthly expenditure budget for the services provided during the month is issued to all Everglow HCP clients.
Everglow delivers Home Care Packages in Townsville, and the Ingham and Ayr areas. Contact us today to see what Home Care Package suits you best.
To be assessed to access a Home Care Package please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit www.myagedcare.gov.au
Everglow provides the following services under our HCP funded programme:
- Domestic assistance – such as cleaning, washing and ironing, shopping.
- Social support – one-on-one visiting or small group activities such as music therapy, bingo, craft and special functions.
- Personal services –
- Personal assistance including individual attention, supervision and physical assistance with bathing, showering, personal hygiene, toileting and grooming, mobility and transfers; and
- Assistance with activities of daily living and communication including language facilitation, assistance with difficulties arising from impaired sight, speech or hearing, assistance with the fitting of sensory aids, checking hearing aid batteries, cleaning spectacles, assistance using the telephone.
- Meals and nutrition – assistance with special diet for health, religious, cultural reasons, assistance with using eating utensils and eating aids.
- Transport – accessing transport with: an Everglow personal carer, through the Regional Transport (Patient Transport Subsidy Scheme) (PTSS), Taxi’s (subsidised) and the North Queensland Community Transport TOTTS in Townsville only.
- Home maintenance – mowing and removal of grass clippings, whipper snipping /edging, path clearance for safety purpose, trimming of shrubs and referrals to Home Assist/Minor Modification or repair programmes.
- Case management – is a collaborative process of assessment, planning, and facilitation of options and services to meet an individual’s needs. This includes communicating with other services and organisations to ensure that client goals and needs are met. For example, activities to support a client after a medical procedure or hospitalisation.
- Client care co-ordination – organising client care activities and coordinating with other services to optimise reablement or wellness, e.g. re-scheduling services.
- Counselling, advocacy, information and advice – advice about rights and responsibilities, information about current updates and activities, counselling with our social worker, assistance with advocacy with other organisations.
- Allied Health – Counselling from Social Workers, Music Therapy (tailored individual sessions at home or in the community to improve memory or neurological conditions such as Dementia, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease), Occupational Therapy, Podiatry, Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology. Yes, we can broker these services.
- Nursing Services – such as wound care, palliative care, continence management, or medication management.