Community Care for Individuals under 65
Everglow is funded by the State Government for the Queensland Community Care program. It provides basic maintenance and support services for eligible people aged under 65, or under 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, who live at home and whose capacity for independent living is at risk.
If you would like to discuss your eligibility to receive services under the Community Care Program please call Everglow directly on (07) 4725 1822.
Everglow provides the following services under the Queensland Community Care Program:
- Domestic assistance – such as cleaning, washing and ironing, shopping.
- Social support – one-on-one visiting or small group activities such as music therapy, bingo, craft and special functions.
- Meals and nutrition – assistance with special diet for health, religious, cultural reasons, assistance with using eating utensils and eating aids.
- Transport – accessing transport with: an Everglow personal carer, through the Regional Transport (Patient Transport Subsidy Scheme ) (PTSS), Taxi’s (subsidised) and the North Queensland Community Transport TOTTS in Townsville only.
- Home maintenance – mowing and removal of grass clippings, whipper snipping /edging, path clearance for safety purpose, trimming of shrubs and referrals to Home Assist/Minor Modification or repair programmes.
- Case management – is a collaborative process of assessment, planning, and facilitation of options and services to meet an individual’s needs. This includes communicating with other services and organisations to ensure that client goals and needs are met. For example, activities to support a client after a medical procedure or hospitalisation.
- Client care co-ordination – organising client care activities and coordinating with other services to optimise reablement or wellness, e.g. re-scheduling services.
- Counselling, advocacy, information and advice – advice about rights and responsibilities, information about current updates and activities, counselling with our social worker, assistance with advocacy with other organisations.