Private Care Packages
Our services are provided to the elderly, people with disabilities or anyone requiring personal care, to enable them to continue to live in their homes with dignity and peace of mind.
Everglow offers a variety of services in the home under Private Home Care.
You may not meet the eligibility requirements for Government subsidised services or they may not meet all of your needs. In this case, Everglow’s Private Care services may be suitable for you.
All Private Home Care packages are delivered on a consumer directed care (CDC) basis, which means that each client is able to choose which services they wish to receive each month. A fortnightly expenditure budget for the services provided during the month is issued to Private Home Care clients.
Everglow delivers Home Care in Townsville, and the Ingham and Ayr areas.
Everglow provides the following services under our Private Home Care programme:
- Domestic assistance – such as cleaning, washing and ironing, shopping.
- Social support – one-on-one visiting or small group activities such as music therapy, bingo, craft and special functions.
- Personal services –
- Personal assistance including individual attention, supervision and physical assistance with bathing, showering, personal hygiene, toileting and grooming, mobility and transfers; and
- Assistance with activities of daily living and communication including language facilitation, assistance with difficulties arising from impaired sight, speech or hearing, assistance with the fitting of sensory aids, checking hearing aid batteries, cleaning spectacles, assistance using the telephone.
- Meals and nutrition – assistance with special diet for health, religious, cultural reasons, assistance with using eating utensils and eating aids.
- Transport – accessing transport with: an Everglow personal carer, through the Regional Transport (Patient Transport Subsidy Scheme) (PTSS), Taxi’s (subsidised) and the North Queensland Community Transport TOTTS in Townsville only.
- Home maintenance – mowing and removal of grass clippings, whipper snipping /edging, path clearance for safety purpose, trimming of shrubs and referrals to Home Assist/Minor Modification or repair programmes.
- Case management – is a collaborative process of assessment, planning, and facilitation of options and services to meet an individual’s needs. This includes communicating with other services and organisations to ensure that client goals and needs are met. For example, activities to support a client after a medical procedure or hospitalisation.
- Client care co-ordination – organising client care activities and coordinating with other services to optimise reablement or wellness, e.g. re-scheduling services.
- Counselling, advocacy, information and advice – advice about rights and responsibilities, information about current updates and activities, counselling with our social worker, assistance with advocacy with other organisations.
- Allied Health – Counselling from Social Workers, Music Therapy (tailored individual sessions at home or in the community to improve memory or neurological conditions such as Dementia, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease), Occupational Therapy, Podiatry, Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology. Yes, we can broker these services.
- Nursing Services – such as wound care, palliative care, continence management, or medication management.